I am a Gameplay Programmer with expertise in Unity, C# and Java. I have extensive experience within the online gaming industry and a true passion for gaming of all forms.
I am an analytical problem-solver who enjoys taking on new challenges and am always striving to develop my existing skill set. I possesses excellent communication skills and have experience managing teams of up to 40 people.
- Became a Unity Certified Developer in October 2017.
- Created a custom physics engine to supplement the one provided within Unity 5, which more accurately models Newton's laws of motion and rotation. It is capable of modelling gravity, air resistance, unstable rotation, the Magnus force and basic rocketry.
- Applied data modelling techniques to dramatically increase revenue in online bingo schedules across multiple brands at Gamesys.
- Designed and built custom content management tools to aid in the release of new games on mobile web apps at Gamesys, speeding up delivery by more than 85%.
- Redesigned quality assessment tools to increase staff performance through the use of targeted performance improvement plans, leading to enhanced customer satisfaction at Gala Coral.
- Increased the CS departments grade of service by over 40%, through the use of data analysis and personnel management at Gala Coral.
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Computing & IT (currently studying)
- Certificate of Higher Education in Computing and IT.
- Unity Certified Developer
- CIPD Management Development Programme
- Business & Administration (NVQ Lvl3)
- Management (NVQ Lvl 3)
- Team Leading (NVQ Lvl 2)
- Popular Music Practice - Guitar Performance (BTEC Lvl 3 Diploma)
GitHub / GitKracken / SourceTree / Subversion (TortoiseSVN)
Unity / Blender / Microsoft Office (including advanced Excel knowledge) / Confluence / Jira / IBM Cognos / Tableau / Toad for SQL / Microsoft Visio / Microsoft Project
Experienced with Agile methodologies and waterfall development processes, including the production of UML documentation.
Registered first aider (First aid at work - HSE approved course)
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
- I have a keen interest in the video games industry and have used my self-taught programming skills to design, develop and program several small-scale games Using the Unity 2D and 3D engine.
- I recently discovered 3D modelling through a course on Udemy and now spend most of my free time creating assets for video game projects that I'm working on.
- In my spare time, I also enjoy playing Poker both online and in local games and playing board games with friends.
- I have been playing guitar for the past 15 years and I have previously worked as a private guitar tutor and semi-professional live musician.
WORK EXPERIENCE and further details
Please contact me directly and I will be happy to provide a copy of my complete CV, which includes my previous work history.